Thursday, April 17, 2008

O Hillary, My Hillary

I'm from New York. I used to be one of those people that thought "why are people so negative about Hillary Clinton? There's nothing particularly unique about her, she's done some good things, she's done some bad things, what's the big deal??"

I've learned an answer to that question. She's a phony. She presents herself as a force for change in a government dominated by men. She presents herself as a skilled and thoughtful leader. She presents herself as "just one of us, trying to make it". She presents herself as being a democrat.

Fortunately, her acting skills are crappy when she's bent by the frustration of being thwarted on the yellow brick road to the white house. She thought she was a shoe-in for the job.

I'm pretty sure that in truth, she's a Good Ol' Boy Republican. She's got a good makeup team.

There's room for more than one at the "call me naive, but the political machine is fucked up and I want to fix it" table. She's too jaded to go there; she fully embraces the tricks of the trade that she's learned over the past two decades, from spin to smear to diversions.

That is, of course, why I will not vote for her ever again, in any race.

No comments: